Saturday, November 29, 2008

Poor Old Prisoner Boy

Poor Old Prisoner Boy
The 55th Anniversary album.

This record contains 55 minutes of live-music, recorded at Vacaville in the early 80's.

Many thanks to:
Nicholas Schreck, Boyd Rice, Aleister Crowley, Anton LaVey, John Aes-Nihil, Nick Bougas, Bobby Beausoleil, Neul Emmons, Lynette Fromme, Genesis P. Orridge, Kenneth anger, Oliver Strahl, Roman Polanski, and finally, Sharon Tate for inspiration.

This record is dedicated to Paul Richard Polanski

Limited edition of 555 copies.


This is a much better quality vinyl rip than the one I did before, so if you have the other one, it is worth replacing it with this.

The music itself is an unedited version of the "Live At San Quentin" tape, so although you'll think "I've heard this before" well yes, but you've only heard selections from this tape. On this album you'll find many sections that were edited out of the other release, and when you look back on things this was the original release from 1989, long before Grey Matter got their hands on it in 1993 and cut it all up.

Since the record sounds like it's cut a little too slow I altered the pitch (through my turntable not computer) and now it sounds like it's playing at the right speed & pitch, so Charles voice doesn't sound too low and murky.

Also on my previous rip near the end of the B-Side, noise overtook the recording, at first I thought my stylus had worn completley out, but it actually turned out to be static built up in my stereo cable linking to my computer. Once I replugged it everything was fine, so I now have a full 55min rip with no static available here for you guys.

Enjoy, and don't forget to comment!

Download "Poor Old Prisoner Boy" @ 256kbps Quality

10 comments:

Psyche Zenobia said...

Nice! Thanks for the new rip. That's strange about the static in your cable. I've not tried to rip from vinyl yet but that's good to know.

bob said...

Nice job.

Thanks :-)

bob said...

Thought this might be of interest to the peeps on here. Its the offical Soundtrack CD to the 2004 'Helter Skelter' TV Movie, which was limited to 1000 copies.

http://sharebee.com/8bf8a51f

:-)

L_N_K said...

thanks alot for the new rip!! quality is 100%!!

gobacktogo said...

Thanks for that Bob, but with this blog we try and stray away from posting things in relation to the Tate/LaBianca case or any references of "murder" or "crime".

And with tracks like "Slaughterhouse" it's pretty clear the mindset and intention of that film & soundtrack.

So as I do greatly appreciate the link, I'm just letting you know that you'll be unlikely to find it featured on the front page.

I hope you understand.
-Daniel

Hadji said...

Does your turntable have a ground wire? The old one from 1979 I use does, and that's the way to avoid hum and/or static.

gobacktogo said...

Yeah it does, it's just the Y-Split stereo cable I use to rip my vinyl isn't the best. After a long period of use static can build up and it becomes audible beyond a certain point.

-Daniel

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣商品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰,充氣娃娃,按摩棒,跳蛋,潤滑液,SM道具,SM,情趣內衣,情趣,角色扮演,丁字褲,吊帶襪,電動按摩棒,G點,巨乳,性感睡衣

camfrogcuyumbeta said...

Bedava film izle me sitesi. Canlı filmizleyiver de şahane ortam. Online hd film izle de son nokta. Sınırsız müzik dinle ve indir. Bedava mp3 indir .

caleb blosser said...

for some reason i can't get it to download from ant site. if someone could send them in an email that would be great. thanks