Saturday, November 01, 2008

FEAR * POWER * GOD


At long last, Gobacktogo has provided me (and you) with this classic underground spoken word compilation. And I must say that this vinyl rip sounds crystal clear! "Fear Power God" was put out by a magazine called "Birth of Tragedy" sometime in the late 80's, if I remember correctly. Although I never saw their magazine, I'm glad they gave us this compilation that's tracklist reads like a roster of some of the most extreme and revolutionary free-thinkers of the 20th century. This was probably the first spoken word record that really got my attention as a teenager. A little bit of everything here and a true uncensored introduction to outsiders and rebels like Lydia Lunch, Allen Ginsberg, Anton La Vey, and Jello Biafra. I'm including it here, of course, because Charles Manson is among the stellar list of contributors. Mostly, though, I'm including it because I honestly think everyone should hear it. Especially if there is even one person represented on the album that you have never heard of. Long live freedom of speech! At least until they find a way to silence us on the internet.

Thanks again Daniel, I guess this just about completes my wish-list here. Of course, any new contributions of Manson material not represented here are always welcome.

Download

6 comments:

Puck A. Goodliffe said...

Thanks for this! Your HTML is a bit borked though... you put in one too many closing link tags, so one has to view the page source to find the link to the sharebee site.

Psyche Zenobia said...

Thanks, I'll fix it.

mpaul26 said...

Thanks for all your great work here, Psyche!

Any chance of more Bobby Beausoleil?

Incidentally, his unreleased recordings with The Orkustra can be found over at The Red Telephone blogspot.

mpaul26 said...

Sorry, that's Redtelephone66.

SPOTLIGHT said...

Have you heard these releases? One's a series of phone calls from 2006 and the other is a 90 minute track of pure Manson. Here's the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t5zczgc3tmw

camfrogcuyumbeta said...

Bedava film izle me sitesi. Canlı filmizleyiver de şahane ortam. Online hd film izle de son nokta. Sınırsız müzik dinle ve indir. Bedava mp3 indir .