Friday, September 12, 2008

Beach Boys - 20/20


I've been keeping an eye out for this one for some time now. Although I'm not much of a Beach Boys fan, "20/20" is the album that includes their cover of Manson's "Cease To Exist". The song is altered quite a bit, though, with changes to the lyrics and arrangement. Still, it's certainly interesting in a historical sense and provides a new perspective on the scene of the time for anyone who hasn't heard it (which is pretty likely since this isn't one of their most popular records). Actually, the rest of the record isn't bad, either. Anyway, for what it's worth, here you go.

Download "20/20"

By the way, if anyone can fill my request for Manson stuff that's not posted on this blog just drop me a comment on the most recent post. I'm looking for:

A Taste of Freedom
Fear Power God (a comp. featuring Manson, LaVey, and others)
and anything else you don't see here.

Easy,
Psyche Zenobia

7 comments:

The Pagan Temple said...

Hey, I got an idea, something I would like to try just as an experiment, and you might be able to help, I don't know. Anyway, here goes-

What I would like is a piece of music by Manson that I can download and then put on my blog in a post, but-and this is the important part-I want to be able to do it in such a way that nobody who listens to the link will know who it is they are listening to.

Then I want to tell them in the same post to see if they can figure out who it is.

Naturally, after so long, probably a week, I'll do an updated of the post where I tell who it is, accompanied by another download of the same song which clearly identifies it as Manson.

I just want to see what people think of it if they listen to it without knowing who it is. Knowing ahead of time that its Charles Manson probably interferes with their objectivity-this is possibly as true of folks that like his music as often as those who say they do not. Anyway, I thought it would make a good experiment.

So, what do you think? Is this idea remotely possible, or feasible?

gobacktogo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gobacktogo said...

I have a rip of the LP "Poor Old Prisoner Boy" I could upload for you.

It's the same recordings as Live At San Quentin but it's actually unedited, so you hear some things that were edited out of the Grey Matter release. It's just ripped into 2 tracks, Side A & Side B. I also have the LP "Son Of Man" coming in the mail and I will rip that when it arrives as well.

Let Me know,

-Daniel

gobacktogo said...

Here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/145666222/Charles_Manson_-_Poor_Old_Prisoner_Boy__1993_.zip.html

Psyche Zenobia said...

Thanks for the link Daniel. I'll check it out. If there is enough difference in the recordings I'll post it. As for the blog experiment, you could just download any of the albums on here and pick a track. I would suggest something from "All The Way Alive" or "Psychedelic Soul", which is the complete version the same session but with better sound quality. Then you'd need to re-tag the track to take the name out before you post it. There are several programs you can use to do this. Just about any ripping program these days will do it. I use Mp3Tag which you can find here:

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Let me know how it turns out!

Robert said...

you still looking for

A Taste of Freedom
Fear Power God (

camfrogcuyumbeta said...

Bedava film izle me sitesi. Canlı filmizleyiver de şahane ortam. Online hd film izle de son nokta. Sınırsız müzik dinle ve indir. Bedava mp3 indir .